I wonder if it’s actually a status symbol if you own and train Pokemon not native to your region. Clearly only dirt poor commoners are forced to capture and raise just any wild mongrel they can find.
Expounding on this idea: members of the regional Pokemon League, such as Gym Leaders and Champions, would be exempt from this. Their purpose is to test trainers within the confines of their region, sort of a local pride situation. But once they’re done testing you, they’re free to use any Pokemon they own. This is evidenced in rematches, when they do tend to use Pokemon from outside of their homelands.
The League pays very well.
- ladyphysicist likes this
- kitcomet likes this
- neueratemybaby said: awww yes, birds, spiders and WATER TYPE fuck yeah
- hanatsukihime likes this
- jackinique likes this
- ambulancing likes this
- littlebearwoman likes this
- rockpapertheodore reblogged this from autosage
- rockpapertheodore likes this
- autosage reblogged this from gentlemanbones
- autosage likes this
- kenshiro28 likes this
- fortegigasgospel reblogged this from gentlemanbones and added:
- tumblingkadri said: In my region we trained coyotes, ground squirrels, and deer. we wore fur hats and rode horsies
- scrimshandrix likes this
- zeaky said: I would say Magikarp would be lowest, but since it’s evolution is pretty damn shit wrecking, i’m gonna call Bidoof phesant tier
- gentlemanbones reblogged this from gentlemanbones and added:
- zombifytherainbow said: Interesting idea. Also, certain Pokemon would really be taboo, when you think of it.
- axon-axoff likes this
- donesparce reblogged this from gentlemanbones
- donesparce said: this is a good question and I must ponder it.
- zombifytherainbow likes this
- gentlemanbones posted this